Soil pipe fittings external wall help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The situation is that I am trying to complete some work that was started on the house I bought but abandoned prior to my purchase for various reasons.

The current situation involves the completion of some new soil pipe works. Internal pipes are not an issue and have been done (although not used yet so some changes can be made if needed).

The building work that had been completed when I bough the house involved two pipes sticking out of the external wall (100mm) and avilable sockets for these already linked up to the underground systems (septic tank not mains sewage).

My question is what connector should be used to connect a 110mm pipe that exists from the wall to external pipe work to keep the distance from the wall that which is needed for the pipe clips. Normal fittings such as 92.5 degree bends and even the variable bend fitting (flowplast) seem to be designed to to be used parallel to the wall not perpendicular so I assumed that a special fitting may be needed but can't see to locate such a thing on the sites I use.

I did find some examples of how to do the work on the internet but these seemed to all have a bend placed within the external wall and not a straight normal pipe.

Sponsored Links
:confused: until you know what both these pipes sticking up out of the ground are i wouldn't even think about what you may or may not need. one could be a soil and one could be a storm water, or a soak away.

I know someone who made this mistake, he's looking at thousands of pounds worth of damages due to the garden now floating in poo. :rolleyes:

But on a plus notes your'll get lovely roses if this is the case :evil:

so have you got two seperate branches sticking out your wall or is on of these's stack's just for venting purposes?

Sponsored Links
It is two seperate pipes coming from the wall and two seperate underground connections ready for them (different walls on what was an extension).

Both of these btw are 1st floor.

Existing bathroom and toilets are connected to a stack that is internal to the house and not able to be joined to by the new bathrooms.

Exitsing stack is vented and both new ones will be as well, the plan being one being an external vent due to it's placement and one to an air valve in the roof space (although it could also be external).

The main issue at the moment is really how to connect properly to a pipe coming out of the wall and yet retain the correct distance between the pipe and the wall surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back