Soil pipe & Raft foundation ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered before I did try a search ;)

We've got a end of terrace house that's built on a raft foundation circa 1949 that we've been renovating, we'd like to add a downstairs w/c under the stairs but I'd like to know the best way to do the soil pipe ?

Common sense is telling me no ! But is it possible to drill through the raft and run the soil under and out the side of the house ? Or is it possible to go through the wall ? The w/c will be alongside the end external wall if that makes sense ? We've had the gas meter moved externally and still need to get the leccy meter moved as both of these were/are under the stairs with the respective pipe/cable coming through the raft from below.

On a side note our mains water comes into the front of the house under the raft and in through a clay pipe, I'm currently replacing this as it's lead so have reluctantly and carefully I must add dug out underneath so I can get the plastic pipe through, should I back fill with concrete instead of the clay soil I've pulled out ? My trench is 850mm deep to allow the new pipe to be at 750mm after sitting on 100mm of 10mm p shingle.

I'm keen but have limited knowledge ! That's called dangerous ain't it ? :LOL:
Cheers James

Sponsored Links
You can go through the wall or the raft. It may depend on where the connection to the drains is. You may also need a stub-stack and air admittance valve

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of running the soil out the side then along the side of the house into the back garden where the sewer is obviously this will mean digging a suitable trench and tapping into the sewer but tbh I quite enjoy the digging :D Our soil stack is external at the back of the house and obviously runs into this sewer that's about 8-10ft deep :eek:

I'd prefer to go through the raft for a neater exterior but obviously want to do it right not ****ing it up or causing any future problems, swmbo would probably bury me in the manhole :LOL:

Do I need to get the building blokey out for this ?
Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back