Soil pipe route

Sponsored Links
You have not quoted any distances, but in any case that doesn't look right. All alterations to soil stacks require building control approval.

Need some dimensions but doesn’t look particularly good; you will almost certainly need to vent the new line with an AAV at the vertical & make provision for rodding; have you got anything else discharging into the new bog line?

I assume you’re aware that creating a new room with a W/C is controlled building work which is subject to several Building Regulations, a Building Notice submission, inspection & possible witness test!

Thanks for the quick replys

There will be shower and basin going into the line too, I was thinking of using a Durgo valve in my roof space.

Over all length would be around around 8m, (1m from WC to 3m Vertical then 4m to the original vent pipe)

If it seems possible I would get the correct paper work/checks etc just sounding it to see if it worth pursuing.

Sponsored Links
24000_23636_37979_74685913_thumb.jpg

would be a more usual setup

Just clicked on you images and seen it!!

Can't do it that way with out dropping a ceiling, I was trying to get away from this but it isn't out of the question

My original drawing would allow me to go in the void under the joists in my back room

It’s over 6m so will need to be vented; you will also need to provide venting or use Hepvo valve(s) on other sanitary devices or the traps will most likely siphon; you will need to provide rodding access to all sections of the pipe from either one end or the other, most likely at the bottom bend (which should be a rest bend) & the initial run from the W/C. you must have a fall of at least 19mm/metre but you should aim not to go below 25mm/metre.

It’s a bit untidy, personally I would do it either similar to muggles sketch or provide a new vented or stub stack with AAV on the vertical drop.

It is a bit untidy and probably do the more conventional route.

Thanks for all your input it is much appreciated!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back