Soil pipe venting question

Just as a bit of a follow up Ive got round to finishing this job. Building inspector was happy without an AAV and theres no problems with the trap being drawn.

A few pictures (everyone likes pictures :)):

Before:

After:

Rear plumbing:

Bought a geberit furniture WC frame which I turned the cistern round on for rear access (depite technical department saying they had nothing that did that! ) as I put a hatchway through the wall behind toilet so I didnt loose useful storage space. It also had a seperate flush button I could fit to the side so an open loo seat doesn't obscure it.

Thanks for the input.

Sponsored Links
I dont have a clue about the soil pipe.
But the end result looks very nice

We've always worked to 6m max without ventilation , regulations may change depending on flush volume.
1:40 will ensure blockages are kept to a minimum.

Sponsored Links
Nice! is that frame easy to go to a side soil pipe?, I was after one for our downstairs loo, but their fitting instructions say centralise it on the soil pipe which ours isn't. More like yours. Did you have to modify at all, or it just slotted in?

Nice! is that frame easy to go to a side soil pipe?, I was after one for our downstairs loo, but their fitting instructions say centralise it on the soil pipe which ours isn't. More like yours. Did you have to modify at all, or it just slotted in?

Yeah it just fitted straight in. Theres enough clearance behind the steel frame upright for the soil pipe without any modifications (the timber stud did need a small cutout for the pipe to get by). You'd have issues if the soil pipe was coming up through the floor where the frame feet are though as they are very thick solid steel and be a pain to cut! Whole frame is very heavyweight steel, I guess as its designed to cary most of the load through the feet. It did have brackets to fix the top back to a wall but I screwed the top into the wooden framework instead for a little more support. I couldn't put one foot bolt in though... I'd put the soil pipe in through the foor first and it blocked getting a drill in! :whistle: I put some insulation round the cistern whilst I had it off to reduce condensation issues.

Had to cut down the basin waste to get clearance above the cistern, but then I didn't want the shelf too high because of the lack of space to the sloping ceiling.

My other half used to work in a fancy hotel in Langdale on reception with horrible shift times and a fair distance comute to work, but she got on with the hotel manager who would let her stay in free rooms if she was doing a back to back late then early shift. I got a bit spoilt with classy looking rooms as I'd sometimes go stay for free as well (only in the very fancy rooms though :LOL:), end result being whenever I do do a bit of building work some fancy hotel inspiration comes through! :)

It also had a seperate flush button I could fit to the side so an open loo seat doesn't obscure it.
I have recently discovered that covering the button with the seat is very popular with the ladies. They get the seat put down every time then. Well done, looks good

I have recently discovered that covering the button with the seat is very popular with the ladies. They get the seat put down every time then. Well done, looks good

That is the reason why Geberit frames have the push button plate behind the seat and lid when raised :)

Made one slight but actualy rather handy alteration as a finishing touch today...

Changed the aerator insert in the tap to one limiting it to 6 litres/min (or there abouts! :LOL:). Means you can just put the tap on full and you get a perfect amount of water for handwashing. (y)

Made one slight but actualy rather handy alteration as a finishing touch today...

Changed the aerator insert in the tap to one limiting it to 6 litres/min (or there abouts! :LOL:). Means you can just put the tap on full and you get a perfect amount of water for handwashing. (y)

Beats trying to suppress it with the ballofix ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back