Soil stack condensation. Internal.

Where it turns horizontally too the bathroom isn’t really held up very well and if it drops and something comes loose at all I’m screwed because it’s a wetroom

Sponsored Links
Agree with Ian, it's not likely to go far, but for belt and braces either wedge a piece of wood under the horizontal section to hold it in place and/or loop a strap round it and tie it up to support the vertical section. Over time though the joints stiffen up, try getting one apart if you need to! Having said that, sods law says it'll fall apart as you dont want it to....

Ok the guy was a no show so I’m back doing it myself.

the clay pushes into a flange at the bottom. Can I get a adapter that pushes in that flange that then reduces to the smaller plastic pipe. The top is easy with a slip coupler I’m just not sure exactly what I need at the bottom. The clay is deffo bigger that the plastic.

The bottom looks like a bend with a flange the another flange above it about 50mm

Sponsored Links
5736-AF7-A-CAF2-4938-BA2-B-CB5-F43-E80158.jpg

Supersleve are joined with plastic 'Collars', at the bottom you will have a standard Supersleve collar for joining clayware. If you can remove that, you need a fitting the same as is currently at the top of that vertical clay pipe, which takes you from clay to 110mm plastic. I wouldn't advise trying to reuse the old one, chances are it'll leak. There isn't a fitting to adapt a standard Supersleve collar to accept plastic, you need the appropriate fitting. Any good Builders merchant will stock these.

What a nightmare this has been.

So the company who I won’t shame yet came out, they wouldn’t get under the floor so he pushed the bottom collar on the plastic then pushed it on from above, well it didn’t work it leaked way worse, I got them back 2 guys turn up neither of them go under floor, they try push it on with a crowbar, didn’t work.
they said if it leaks again you’ll need to cut joists out, Ye right.
so because I was in a rush I got under the floor, Ye it was tight butnot that bad.
turns out the bottom collar had fallen apart the seal clip was hanging off, so I fixed it, still leaked. Wtf.
turns out the drop kick had taken a 11 degree bend off the top end when he fitted the slip joiner, well there’s a reason for a bend or why have it on, that reason? Clay pipe isn’t straight so as soon as you put the top on it pulls away the seal at the bottom.
so today I drive out and get a Flexi adapter instead, go back under the floor and fix it.

now I’m trying to get my money back from that company, let’s see how that goes but I hope they don’t think I’ll just give up cos I’m like a dog with a bone over money haha.

And a quick plumbers question to finish, because the drop kick cut the plastic pipe short, although the slip ring gets both pipes there is a big gap inbetween them, I presume this will be fine?

Thanks for the help on here because in the end I fixed it.

Depends how big the gap is, you want a couple of mm to allow for expansion, but too much as there's a risk the joint could come apart. Not really what you want to happen, especially on a soil pipe.

It’s more like 30mm. But there’s probably 5-10mm after the clip on both sides and the clip is tight

Glad you got it done ........These guys who won't go under floors - not the same as going into a confined space ie. a sewer manhole or enclosed tank.

Should be fine, still have to wonder why they used one of those when the job could have been done easily and properly with the correct fittings, but might have been what they had on the van....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back