Soil stack connection

Rat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've read a few websites and have tried to figure out the waste regulations, but i'm still slightly fuzzy on the exact rules, so thought I would ask the experts.

I'm about to plumb in a new shower with the connection to the shower carrying on through to a utility room next door.

1) Is it okay for a 40mm connection into the stack to be lower than (but within 200mm of) a toilet outlet as long as the connection is at right angles to the larger connection.

2) Is it okay for 1 washing machine and shower to share a single 40mm pipe? Should I use a bigger pipe? Or should they have separate runs to the stack?

3) Is the coram coratech quadrant shower tray any good? I will be needing to lift the shower tray so that I can run the pipe under it and through the wall. This seemed to be a good option. Would you recommend any other shower tray instead?

Thank you very much,
Graeme

Sponsored Links
1) Is it okay for a 40mm connection into the stack to be lower than (but within 200mm of) a toilet outlet as long as the connection is at right angles to the larger connection.

can be directly opposite
but any lower 200mm if opposite.

Thank you seco,

The soil pipe is in the corner, I have a toilet coming in from one wall and I want to connect the shower boss as low as possible. My new connection will be at 90 degrees along the other wall. Are you saying I should be either inline, higher or more than 200mm lower? As I said I'm not opposite, but at 90 degrees.

If I'm not allowed to be a little lower, how can people make connections like ... http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.com/diyer/content/2/223/boss-connections.html

That sort of indicates 90 degree connections at any height are okay.

Thank you again.
Graeme

if your doing it at 90 degrees to the wc not a problem.
can be level or lower no limit.
if you was directly opersite not a problem but any lower would need at least 200mm gap.

if you notice all the connections at right angle not a problem
but the connection opposite the wc is only one connection and thats level.

http://www.marleyplumbinganddrainage.com/uploads/gfx/350.jpg

Sponsored Links
Brillant thank you seco, that's what I was hoping.

Now for an answer on 2 and 3 and I'm off to buy bits.

2, i always prefer to try keep showers seperate.
wouldn't fancy a w/m connected to a shower waste due to w/m powder clogging in the waste pipe.

3, can't answer on coram coratech quadrant shower tray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back