Soil Stack Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to replace our plastic soil stack with a new one as all the previous connections to it are redundant. So all it will be used for is a vent.

My question is what do I use for connecting the soil stack to the ceramic underground pipe? The previous owner had just piled what looks like Plumbers Mait around the outside edge of the soil pipe. But that just looks a mess.

Has anyone any ideas? I've had a look on Polypipes website, but can't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There IS a proper connector -I thought I'd seen it in the sheds.

there are more than one type available, If the underground clay pipe has a socket on the end, a plastic adapter is available which is cemented into the socket in a way similar to a clay spigot would be. This leaves a plastic o-ring seal connector sticking out of the clay.

the other type are rubber & jubilee clip, they require removal of the socket (with grinder ) and look a bit clumsy (in my opinion)

The firsrt are in the sheds at least, and maybe the second in Wickes? as well as Pl merchants.
Rahnd Lundin if you wiggle the old cast iron it lifts out of the clay so you just chip out the filling mortar and put a new end thingy in.

Sponsored Links
Update.

Our clay pipe, must have something missing. The drain connectors in Wickes would not work. I ended up using a toilet pan extension piece (the ones with the rubber seal), cutting it short (about 2") and then using an normal soil pipe in line joint. Looks neat now! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back