Soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house was ment to have a wc downstairs im looking to install a toilet and sink, as far as im aware the soil stack has been bunged with rags and skimmed over, will I have to replace the soil stack compleatly of is there a connector i can connect to the original soil pip to do this, all the plumbing is still there for the sink ect. Also whats the best way to accsess the soil pipe

Sponsored Links
If there was a toilet there previously should be straightforward to connect a new toilet to it but you won't know how until you unearth the soil stack

Have you got any idea at all where the connection was for the old toilet?

Was it plasterboarded over , boxed in?

Yeh ive had a camera put down the exsternal drain to see how it was filled which showed rags not cement just worried about how to break the floor to accsess the soil stack

Sponsored Links
Yeh ive had a camera put down the exsternal drain to see how it was filled which showed rags not cement just worried about how to break the floor to accsess the soil stack

If you’re able to do this, then I’d expect the stack connection to be accessible? Drain as in main drain, or existing stack?

Yes they went from the external drain, the camera heading towards the soil pipe showed two misalignment to the drain that the soil pip leads to, so im in the process of fixing the underground drain which i think is clay, then going to move on to exposing the soil pipe and either working with thw one thats there with a fitting or getting a new one installed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back