Soil Stack Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I fitted a new soil stack with an access point using a double ring seal as pictured. However, it seems to be leaking from the lower seal? its been in place approximately 5 years with no problems.

I think 5 year life is a bit short before something like this fails, or have i made the school boy error of not using a spigot version, and solvent welding on a socket.

The stack is on a south facing wall, and this summer its got well over 40 in the back garden. But still not sure its an excuse for this to fail so quickly.

Any thoughts on how to fix greatly appreciated.
opt1. tear it all down.
opt2. bodge with a bead of silicone.

Cheers
Adrian

72361.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I fitted a new soil stack with an access point using a double ring seal as pictured. However, it seems to be leaking from the lower seal? its been in place approximately 5 years with no problems.

I think 5 year life is a bit short before something like this fails, or have i made the school boy error of not using a spigot version, and solvent welding on a socket.

The stack is on a south facing wall, and this summer its got well over 40 in the back garden. But still not sure its an excuse for this to fail so quickly.

Any thoughts on how to fix greatly appreciated.
opt1. tear it all down.
opt2. bodge with a bead of silicone.

Cheers
Adrian

72361.jpg

You will get no joy with the manufacturers.

Id try CT1 to seal at least until you could do again next summer.
Key the area as much as you can and have it as dry as you can

Chop that one out and fit one with a male bottom and slip socket

Chop that one out and fit one with a male bottom and slip socket

If its a customer he has an obligation to fix the problem properly. If its his own home, Slope a load of CT1 around very neatly.
If it doesn't work then go to plan2.

Sponsored Links
I needed a tube once so just knocked the house down and rebuilt it!!

I needed a tube once so just knocked the house down and rebuilt it!!

The Eastern European Plumbers my way, now use it as part of their tool kit. They now have CT1 a screwdriver and a hammer in their bucket.:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back