Soil Stack problemb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small problemb regarding a poxy cast iorn soil stack which is not only inside but takes up a lot of room. I put a new suite in but the toilet was an old one .This was joined to the stack via its own right hand connector ie built into the pan. I had to buy a new toilet pan as the one i had to replace the old one was close coupled system and it is to awrkward to use flexi hoses and bends as the angles are to tight . But the cistern flush handele is to close to the soil stack to allow boxing in and would stop the handle from being used. I cant afford the expense of having a new plastic soil stack replaced as this would mean ripping half the new kitchen out aswell. Is it possible to remove just the part that is in the bathroom replacing it with a plastic one and have it on the outside .? This is very fustrating as my bathroom is so tiny can you help.

Sponsored Links
if you have you new section on the outside how you going to join it to the old pipe inside. alot of mucking about.

have you any pics as i can see why you have a problem.

Well i was thinking of cutting the cast stack above the toilet inlet. Then joining the plastic stack using one of those rubber conections. I would then run the soil stack outside and up as per usual. This would only be for venting purposes and would enable me to fit the toilet correctly( i hope).
I am unsure if this is allowed under the building regulations. I still would not be able to use the closed couple system but i would be able to get the toilet in correctly and have a bit of space to. I will post some photos asap so you can see the problemb. To have the whole lot taken out and replaced would be very expensive as the kitchen would have to be dismantaled at one end and this envolves removing tiles, boxing,units and worktops.I have thought about maybe an air vent valve but have heard bad things about these. Thank you for replying hope to get some pics soon.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back