SOIL to CLAY SOCKET leaky joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

1st off hope this is the right category to post question.

I've uncovered the above leaky Soil Stack joint in our hall way. Having cleaned up the joint I'm trying to work out how to reseal. The OSMA site suggests:
http://content.wavin.com/WAXGB.NSF/pages/OsmaSoilConnectionstoDrainageInstallationEN

To clay drain socket via OsmaSoil Connector 4S.107

1. Apply a bead of non-setting mastic to the face of the Connector and position centrally in the clay drain socket
2. Caulk the joint with yarn
3. Finish with 2:1 sand cement mortar

But could I get some advice as to what is suitable for:
1. non-setting mastic - does Plumbers MAit fit the bill?
2. caulking yarn - what or where can I get this? Can I use string, or would silicon or some other form of goo do? I guess its just for allowing a little movement before the mortar topping?

Thanks for your help,

Tim.

PS Not too sure about the DPC around this area either - it is next to the front door, the screed was all cracked and bulging. So I've dug it out, but can't see a DP membrane going up to the DPC under the door... but I'll continue this discussion on another thread ;) (Edit: on closer inspection looks like there has been a liquid DPC used around the affending area)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back