Solar and reconfiguration of mains supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just acquired a property which has two residences, currently with independent connections to the mains, separate meters etc.

I have a vague idea to get domestic solar installed for the site, and to my mind it would make sense to get a larger installation that can supply both properties, both because that's probably cheaper than two separate installations and because (especially if things like battery storage are in the mix) then making efficient use of what's captured should be easer.

The two properties are lived in by me/wife/kids in one and my parents in the other, and there is no scenario in the near-mid future where they will be lived in by fully independent families.

Is it feasible to join the supplies for these two buildings in to one? What sort of scale task is this, and what sort of issues am I not going to have thought of?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Photos of the supply required

Are the meters next to each other.

You could probably do it yourself with a Henley block.
And get one meter removed by the supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back