Solar Generation Meter not displaying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I hope someone can help

We have an E110 generation meter that has lost its display , the inverter in the loft has power and a green light , and the meter itself also has power (i had an electrician come in and he confirmed this for me)

We inherited the system in June and previous owners had it installed in June 2013 , the company who installed it told previous owner the guarantee was transferable to the new owners at no cost , yet the company tell me when i try to change the details of the home owner its £500 to transfer it !

Any help appreciated

Thank You

Sponsored Links
The meters are cheap enough, and the screens do fail. It's the readings you've lost that will be awkward to sort.

The meters are cheap enough, and the screens do fail. It's the readings you've lost that will be awkward to sort.

Thanks

I have a start reading from when we moved in, and am due to five one on 28th Sept , i am not `as` bothered about that gap as i am about paying £500 i dont believe they should get , is it just a case of finding a spark competent in this field as the one i had didnt seem too clued up on solar

Sponsored Links
An E110 is cheap enough, you will just need to inform your supplier you've had the meter swapped, and will just benefit from the Feed In Tariff from the point at which your new meter is installed.

I would ring your supplier as the E110 has an optical port that they can use to read it, whether or not your supplier is a) willing to or b) has the equipment to do so is another story, but it's worth a try if it is just a dead screen - the whole unit may be done.

Any electrician, clued up on solar or not should be able to swap a PV meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back