Solar hot water to cylinder hot water

Fitting a divertor valve is commonly done, but you must ensure there's no back flow etc.

Thank you. So apart from the fact that the warranty may be invalid, from what you can tell, there will be no major damage done to the valve by reversing the flow. Ie two in and one out as opposed to the other way round (if it makes a difference, the two inlets are pushing at exactly the same pressure).

Thank you

Tris

Sponsored Links
The valve does not know which way you are using it.

Tony

The valve does not know which way you are using it.

Tony

I appreciate that, however, I am reversing the way that the pressure is put in the ball (the arm in the valve) in the valve. I wondered if that would damage the actuator if there is a lot of pressure on the arm the wrong way.

Am I making sense?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
If you have a cylinder coil and two heat sources then you don't need any diverting valves.
Just nrv's after the circulators.

However dumping heat straight into a standard unvented cylinder coil when a solar panel control stat reaches above a certain set point will contravene the regs.

What you are creating is a heat dump from the solar panel.
That means it will have the potential to boil the UV contents and you'll have a bomb on your hands.

Think twin coil solar unvented with a differential controller. Then you harvest most of the available energy. And its all legal and above board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back