getting a new roof
Builder wants solar panels removed
The firm who fitted them don't want to know
We are in Penzance
Any ideas please

Cheers
GEOF

Sponsored Links
The panels are linked one to another, and then the lead for the last one goes through the roof. The roofers should be able to see how it's put together as they dismantle it, and how the support brackets are fitted (taking numerous photos and dimensions), and if they're any good, they should know the principles of how to make a roof watertight.

Find another roofer, and in addition, talk to other solar installers.

Forgot to ask, how long have the panels been up, and why are you re-roofing.

A lot of panels get fitted too close to the tiles, and because they then can't dry out properly, they fail early.

Some are as above and simple! We always cover from the light the disconnected panels until they are reconnected
I was advised...

Sponsored Links
Forgot to ask, how long have the panels been up, and why are you re-roofing.

A lot of panels get fitted too close to the tiles, and because they then can't dry out properly, they fail early.

will check the date they were installed when i find the documents
the roof is large delabole slate hung on wooden pegs over the horizontal battening
cornish style
the pegs have slipped a lot and the roof is quite old...so a re roof was decided
the distance between the panels and the roof is not easy to see but i will try to have a look

i dont think the roofers are keen on this type of work

will come back later
cheers
geof

Well at least you haven't got tile rot from the slates being too close, so don't worry about when it was installed. But it'll be worthwhile checking the condition of the slates under the panels when you get them off. If it's a noticeable difference, then you'll need to lift them a little more to get more airflow under them.

Are you resuing the old slates, or going for tiles though.

Well at least you haven't got tile rot from the slates being too close, so don't worry about when it was installed. But it'll be worthwhile checking the condition of the slates under the panels when you get them off. If it's a noticeable difference, then you'll need to lift them a little more to get more airflow under them.

Are you resuing the old slates, or going for tiles though.

New slates..not delabole but similar,..from Mexico !!!!!
ACE!!
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back