Solar powered down lights

Ah - there's nothing like someone who knows what they are doing, and why.

And you are nothing like someone who knows what they are doing, and why.

"Ban all sheds" your posts do seem more insulting and pathetic troll like than actually giving any sound advice. Many thanks to all who have contributed.

"Ban all sheds" I understand your an expert and need some form of recognition. You got it now please seek it elsewhere than this thread.

Sponsored Links
The 'sheds' guy is on my ignore list but by quoting him his posts are again visible. This is maybe a software bug that I've seen on other forums.

When the conduct of people I meet stands out, I look for a description of them in the DSM-V, but I don't know the UK equivalent of this book. Maybe the World Health Org. publishes something.

When the conduct of people I meet stands out, I look for a description of them in the DSM-V ...
I suppose not a bad place to look if one is American and wants to 'label' people. However, as you probably know, although less than a month since it was published, DSM-5 is attracting a lot of controversy and criticism, both within the US and more widely.
....but I don't know the UK equivalent of this book. Maybe the World Health Org. publishes something.
Indeed. The WHO's International Classification of Diseases (the current version being ICD-10) is the (almost!) globally accepted classification system. However, the USA has invented its own variant/extension of ICD-10, which contains something like 4 times more diseases/codes than does the international version!

The main domestic impact of the DSM is, of course, in relation to its relevance to financial and other aspects of US healthcare provision - particularly for those who had a diagnosis which was present in DSM-IV but which has been 'dropped' in DSM-5 (and don't ask me why they've changed from Roman to Arabic numbers :) ).

Kind Regards, John

When the conduct of people I meet stands out, I look for a description of them in the DSM-V
It can be more helpful and instructive to find out the reasons behind the person's conduct.

Very often the person's opinion and subsequent conduct has been formed by their experience and is valid and has nothing to do with the subjects discussed in the DSM-V

Sponsored Links
When the conduct of people I meet stands out, I look for a description of them in the DSM-V
It can be more helpful and instructive to find out the reasons behind the person's conduct. Very often the person's opinion and subsequent conduct has been formed by their experience and is valid and has nothing to do with the subjects discussed in the DSM-V
Indeed - which is another way of stating the obvious, that behaviour, even if unusual, questionable or even extreme, is not necessarily anything to do with mental health diseases or disorders - and, as you say, may sometimes be quite appropriate to the situation. Of course, even if the sentiment is appropriate, the execution (e.g. language used) might not be - and that could be more the situation we are talking about here.

[although it was called DSM-V whilst in draft, following from DSM-IV etc, when it was published last month it was called DSM-5!]

Kind Regards, John

I wasn't questioning the guys mental health issues merely he had no input in the discussion other than to talk pish and spoil for a fight :

First he questions why put down lights outside a building and when I say why not. You get a heckle. Eh! :LOL: sorry stupid idea putting lights in gardens who in their right mind does that.

Next he comes on going on about how stupid this is to have a social garden room without electricity. Eh! Did he even read the title :LOL:

On the other hand he does seem to have it in for garden sheds. Must of had a bad experience in the past.

On the other hand he does seem to have it in for garden sheds. Must of had a bad experience in the past.
That bit you've misunderstood. The 'sheds' he wants banned are DIY stores such as B&Q, Homebase, probably Wickes etc. - not the sort one has in one's garden! His heart is usually in the right place, and his knowledge is extensive, but (IMO) his style/language often lets him down, and he also sometimes seems to think that everyone else should share his own likes/dislikes/opinions etc.

Kind Regards, John

On the other hand he does seem to have it in for garden sheds.
I think it is the large shed like shops that sell anything DIY to anyone and often give wrong, even dangerous information to the customers. All the sheds are interested in is selling as much as possible no matter how little the customer knows.

John got in it before me.....

First he questions why put down lights outside a building and when I say why not. You get a heckle. Eh! :LOL: sorry stupid idea putting lights in gardens who in their right mind does that.
People put lights in their gardens, and on the outside of their buildings, for all sorts of reasons.

And the reason(s) why they want them can have a dramatic influence on how they should be done.

So I asked you why you want them.

But you don't know why - you said so. "Why not?" does not indicate that you have any real idea of why.

Next he comes on going on about how stupid this is to have a social garden room without electricity. Eh! Did he even read the title :LOL:
Yes, I read the title. You said you wanted solar powered lights - at first I didn't realise that you don't even know why you want lights, and you had not said that you needed solar powered ones because you've built a carpeted and insulated room to use in a social setting, as a leisure space, but have no electricity running to it.

And I stand by my "FFS" 100%. Insulated? Why? it'll be b***er-all use in the winter with no electricity for lighting or heating.

That bit you've misunderstood. The 'sheds' he wants banned are DIY stores such as B&Q, Homebase, probably Wickes etc. - not the sort one has in one's garden! His heart is usually in the right place, and his knowledge is extensive, but (IMO) his style/language often lets him down, and he also sometimes seems to think that everyone else should share his own likes/dislikes/opinions etc.

Kind Regards, John

Your kidden me on seriously!

Does he protest outside of them? Or is a member of some form of group/organisation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back