Solar question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have a customer who has a house he is trying to sell but is not living in and he would like me to switch off the water main and drain everything down as he is worried about something leaking whilst he's not there, system is standard back boiler and cylinder but also has two solar panels piped into the cylinder. I know nothing about solar.

Questions

Is it best not to drain the cylinder ( solar or not ) as this will increase risk of corrosion ? Just empty the tanks?

If I do drain everything except solar will the solar be alright ?! or will it pop on a sunny day as there's nowhere for it to dump its heat or do the ex vessels account for that?

If I drain solar what do fill it back up with and how?

Sponsored Links
It depends on what kind of solar system he has installed, as different types operate in different ways and need to be treated differently when draining down. You need to identify the solar system before you start any draining down

it has a RESOL delta sol BS pro controller with two collectors two pumps and two 12 ltr ex vessels

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back