Solar Suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine was thinking of installing some PV solar panels. He had heard of some companies which will supply and install these free, their money coming from taking a share of the profits from any electricity sold back to the grid.

Is this right? Has anyone (aj ;)) any experience or knowledge of such companies, the benefits and pitfalls?

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine was thinking of installing some PV solar panels. He had heard of some companies which will supply and install these free, their money coming from taking a share of the profits from any electricity sold back to the grid.

Is this right? Has anyone (aj ;)) any experience or knowledge of such companies, the benefits and pitfalls?

I have no direct experience but I'm sure I have read about the installers taking a sufficiently large proportion of the 'profits' that what is left for the home owner is peanuts. I understand solar panels don't create very much electricity, at least in this country.

Sponsored Links
Without doubt if he has the funds he should pay for a system. It will pay for itself in around 7 years if he buys right.

If he hasn't and wants a "free" system then he will have to sign an onerous agreement, which no sane man would do.

If he still wants to go ahead: Does he work all day? if so, then he will see very little benefit unless he can get an immersun or something similar thrown into the deal to at least get a return on the deal. If he can't get one included for free he should tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Hope that helps :LOL:

Without doubt if he has the funds he should pay for a system. It will pay for itself in around 7 years if he buys right.

If he hasn't and wants a "free" system then he will have to sign an onerous agreement, which no sane man would do.

If he still wants to go ahead: Does he work all day? if so, then he will see very little benefit unless he can get an immersun or something similar thrown into the deal to at least get a return on the deal. If he can't get one included for free he should tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Hope that helps :LOL:
It sure does. Cheers :)

Back