Solid Flooring Prep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im fitting a solid wood flooring in hallway. The previous soild oak has been removed which had been stuck down.

The subfloor now has 70-80% of the old flooring adhesive still on the old screed which is very uneven. I know ill need to use a SLC to get the floor flat & even. My query is how do i go about levelling ontop of the old adhesive which is not MS polymer but is a hard cured green / olive & is a nightmare to get up!
Please help...

Sponsored Links
Is the "old screed" a SLC or do you actually mean a sand and cement screed or the concrete slab?

What you have to be cautious about is raising the new FFL above the height of the old FFL.

Solid wood has to be glued down to a high compressive Screeding compound.
So if floating a floor you could use Ardex NA over the old adhesive if fixed down well.
But as it's solid you will be best to remove the old adhesive and use a water mix smoothing compound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back