Solid fuel + GAS CENTRAL HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the advice of another member i will try again

I have an LPG boiler but is expensive to run so i want to run it along with a wood fired back boiler BUILDING REGS no problem as i live in Romania now but safety is.
Can i fit an expansion vessel on the wood burner and a pressure relief valve as i dont want to have a water tank in the loft ??
Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
NO,- SOLID FUEL SYSTEMS MUST BE VENTED i.e Header Tank.
This is to prevent elevated temperatures which could be very dangerous, with an open system the water cannot exceed 100'c ;)

NO,- SOLID FUEL SYSTEMS MUST BE VENTED i.e Header Tank.
This is to prevent elevated temperatures which could be very dangerous, with an open system the water cannot exceed 100'c ;)

Many many thanks for the reply its what i thought was correct but they do sell and install wood/coal boilers here and install them with an expansion vessel.

So is it a problem to link it to my LPG boiler as the wood burner would be conected as if it were a radiator ? i would of course be putting a pump on the wood burner.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back