Solid fuel heat release

B

Busby28

Hello all,
My new solid fuel furnace installation is nearing completion and I need to connect the heat release cylinder which holds about 4 gallons.
Its a small oval shaped cylinder and I will connect it in line with the vent.
The inner coil connects to my outside hot faucet with the watts sts20 release valve T'd of to the drain.
I am told opening the faucet will acheive the same effect as the watts valve but I'm not keen on standing by my faucet ready turn it on in the event of a boil over.

The valve blows off at about 194 f and I was wondering if I should connect it before the cylinder or after?
What are your thoughts?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the views. Over 50 at the moment and counting but unfortuanetly not much help.
Can anyone throw some light on this? Info is sparce regarding this valve. :(
Thanks.

After some more googling found out the valve needs to be fitted after the cylinder or "upstream" as one plumber put it otherwise how would cold water pass through the coil. Seems logical now.
Thanks for all the views. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back