Solid Fuel ramge pump and stat wiring help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,

Just moved in to a new house (well old actually lol). It has a solid fuel range and the bloke hadnt put the pump and stat on. Now the winters here/coming I want to get these on so I can fire it back up.

I have the pump and the pipe thermostat, I know the N for the pump goes to the incoming N, and the Earth>earth.
The L from the pump goes to the Stat Demand,
The No demand at the stat goes to the incoming N

What do I do with the Common on the stat?

Please tell me if ive got it wrong but id like to get this finished today as the wife is moaning its cold LOL.

Many thanks as always
Nick

Sponsored Links
So the incoming Live goes to the Stat Common?

Just double checking lol

Sponsored Links
Got the 3amp switch unit already for it.

Thank you very much my friend. :D

did it go bang :eek: cus you dont wire the n/o to the incoming neautral supply
n/o means normally open.
pipe stats dont have neutral connections.
neautral to pump neutral
live to common on stat
n/c or n/o to live on pump depending on what you want it to do

did it go bang :eek: cus you dont wire the n/o to the incoming neautral supply
n/o means normally open.
pipe stats dont have neutral connections.
neautral to pump neutral
live to common on stat
n/c or n/o to live on pump depending on what you want it to do

I havnt done it yet, didnt get time. I will do it tmw.
Could you just clear it up for me again.

Incoming N>Pump N
Incoming L>Stat Common
N/O or N/C to the Pump Live depending on what I want to do.

So just 2 wires in the stat in this situation

Is that correct?

Thanks again for the help, just want to make sure I get right.

Pump is wired from satisfied. Its purpose is a high-limit function and runs the pump if the circs are getting too hot.
Some are wired with Hi-LO stats sensing flow and return. MI's should be adhered too.

Pump is wired from satisfied. Its purpose is a high-limit function and runs the pump if the circs are getting too hot.
Some are wired with Hi-LO stats sensing flow and return. MI's should be adhered too.

Not always the case.
May be to prevent pump running until temperature is high enough in the boiler to prevent condensation in boiler.

Cider is right for what I need.

He may be wrong as he doesn't know what type of solid fuel stove you have and what the MI's recommend unless he has his crystal ball in operation. :rolleyes:
But just you carry on as you seem to know what you are doing.

NOT :rolleyes:

Grow up, you obviously dont know otherwise you would have chimed in and helped out instead of offering advice. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not always the case.
May be to prevent pump running until temperature is high enough in the boiler to prevent condensation in boiler.

bang on ignore the "i know better" muppet ;)

The "I know better muppet" hasn't advised connecting the pump to the demand contact. :rolleyes:

How's that supposed to work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back