solid oak floor on concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I intend to glue a sold oak floor onto my living rooms and dining room floors - after lifting the carpet the floor is tiled with original (1970s) vinyl tiles? they seem really well stuck down - can I just glue straight on top of these and what sort of adhesive would you recommend? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I had a similar situ, but I managed to tap off the tiles easy with hammer and chisel, 1 tap and each tile popped out. [Even though they were stuck on 'fast'.]
I then -after thorough cleaning- stuck on 2cm battens with liberal amounts of pva, 35cm apart, got a router out and semi t&g'd the side of each board so they all lock up with an L shape.

laid em down and screwed onto the battens...sanding and sealing to be done when I get over the stress of all that...

No you cant glue to the tiles. You need to uplift them. Easy with large, heavy, sharp scrapper. You then need to lay a self leveling compound and stick the floor to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back