Solid Wood Floor Undulating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We did a lot of work in our dining room (about 5m wide by 3m long) in April and decided to put a solid oak floor down (83mm wide, 18mm think), its on a concrete floor which was level and we put it down using the self adhesive stuff which is itself on the damp proof sheet - is has a good 12mm expansion gap round the edge (or at least, it did when i put it down - i cant see it anymore as its under the skirting)

In the last couple of weeks, we have noticed that it has started to undulate in places, like in waves across the room (across the boards). in some places, it is probably almost a cm high, when you walk on it, it beds down but then springs straight back up again - like walking on a trampoline! It has also raised round the edges of the room (but the last board must be on a tilt as it still goes underneath the skirting board). The boards are all tightly fit together and no gaps have appeared...

Anyone got any advice as to what may be causing this or what i possibly try to fix it without having to rip up the whole lot.

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back