Solid wood flooring - how to fix it in place.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I intend to lay some solid wood flooring in my living room and hallway. I know someone who had Elaston used and said that it was good and the builder who laid it said it was pretty simple.

The floors are concrete with black tiles over the top. Should i remove these tiles or can i leave them? they're very firmly stuck and someone suggested that they might be a DPM. If i remove them I will probably have to level and then put a DPM down.

Another friend has suggested laying ply down on the concrete, screwing in place and then secret nailing the boards down.

Some advice would be gratefully recieved.

Blessedly Brian

Sponsored Links
Elastilon needs a DPM layer on concrete anyway. If your tiles are firmly stuck to the underfloor and level, IMHO no need to remove them first.
Lay plastic (DPM) first and then use the Elastilon if you want.

the tiles aren't very firmly stuck down but having checked the DPM is underneath the tiles and level. Will this be adequate?

Would you reccomend using Elastilon as opposed to sticking directly to the concrete sub floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back