Solution for patio edge, soil falling onto slabs

Dit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for me, I need to stop soil collapsing from the neighbour's property onto my patio.

http://www.tjbeauregard.plus.com/patio/Patio.jpg

The most distant slab is missing as I will fill the space with gravel as a drainage aid. There is a reasonable slope in that direction, and is bordered at the far end by railway sleepers.

I was planning to make a low brick wall, bedding the ones in the drainage square into concrete and cutting them on their bottoms to make the row horizontal. I'm not sure the end result will look that good, so wonder if any bright sparks have alternative solutions I could use?

Many thanks,

Tim

Sponsored Links
Does the fence belong to you, or your neighbour?

What is under the slabs?

If it was me, I would cut a section with the angle grinder, put in footing then a low wall and fill it with pea shingle or difference colour stones up to the bottom edge of the panels.

looking at what youve got there you could face fix gravel boards to the bottom of the fence or use another sleeper similar to the one at the front of the patio.

Sponsored Links
The fence belongs to my neighbour, hence its unkempt appearance! Under the slabs is a typical base which is cement and sand.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think the least intrusive would be gravel boards so will give them a go.

as it is not your fence, and is balanced on metpost spikes, it will probably move around in a year or two, so I'd try to use something that will not be damaged when he has to dig holes for proper posts) otherwise a dwarf wall would be good). You can buy him a couple of concrete gravel boards when that day comes ;) The sleepers would be good until then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back