Solution recommendations for heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After some advice please. I've over the last few months or so we have been decorating a house. Basically every room was re-plastered and radiators removed. All of the radiators I flushed in the back garden with a hosepipe until the water was clear. I would now like to flush the system as it uses 8mm microbore. All the radiators are now working but I want to finish off the whole system.

The boiler is an Icos HE18, I'm placing an order to Screwfix next week so would order the cleaner and inhibitor then.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just to add to Bahco`s post

Sentinel x400 is the desludger and Sentinel x100 is the inhibitor

used it for years with good results ;)

Sponsored Links
Great !

I'm kind of paranoid about the microbore system. It's a house we purchased that I'm not sure how much care the previous owners did.

Im kind of thinking a good de-sludge and some inhibitor won't go wrong.

:)

leave the x400 in for 3/4 weeks, run your ch as normal dump rinse add inhibitor

for £25 worth of chemicals and a few hours of your time it will not do any harm, all the best ;)

if you can do basic DIY plumbing and afford an extra £100, fit a Magnaclean as well. I guarantee you will be amazed and delighted to see how much black sludge it traps, even after you think you have cleaned it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back