solutions for condensation mold??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've recently bought a 1920's semi and have noticed moldy patches appearing in my hallway, behind a piece of furniture.

the house is brick built, with cavity walls (no cavity wall insulation) and uPVC windows (but no trickle vents!). The windows in the hallway don't open so no chance of improving ventilation that way! There are no fans in bathroom or kitchen either so this (i'm guessing) probably isn't helping? We also dry clothes in the house now that the winter has rolled around.

Just had external rendering re-done due to patch of penetrating damp in opposite side of hallway to mouldy patch but no rising damp anywhere in property.

Wondering if there are any suggestions for how i could solve this as it is driving me mad! Any help would be very much appreciated![/b]

Sponsored Links
You know the answers already. Fit some trickle vents to the windows, good extractors to any bathrooms/kitchen. Clean off any mould with weak bleach solution and monitor things. You may have to do more or that might be enough but start there.

Do you drape wet washing around the house, or hang it on radiators?

You are exasperating the problem with wet washing, as stated more ventilation is the answer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back