Solvent Weld or Pushfit pipe for condensate - what's better?

Which pipe is better for condensate

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Which pipe is better to use for condensate drainage... solvent weld or push fit?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Why not ask your trainee small herding dog? The condensate pipe is part of the flue system and should only be installed and altered by a Gas Safe Registered installer

Why not ask your trainee small herding dog? The condensate pipe is part of the flue system and should only be installed and altered by a Gas Safe Registered installer
It's not part of the flue system if it isn't connected to the boiler!

Theres no harm in planning ahead of a future OIL boiler install to make sure water and drainage connections exist.

Please stop taking this thread off topic. Either answer the question or dont post. You have a tendency to take threads way off topic.

Last edited:
It is, just as a pipe intended for gas is a gas pipe even if it's not connected to the supply

You were the one who started talking about corgis in your other thread. CORGI ceased to be the registration body for gas engineers in 2009

Sponsored Links
CORGI ceased to be the registration body for gas engineers in 2009
Linesman ceased to be the term used for football officials who stand on the line in 2005. But I still bloodywell call them linesmen

Take your Political Correctness BS and stuff it where the sun dont shine.

@Mods, can you please delete all posts apart from my original post as this moron has taken this way off topic.

Last edited:
alright i admit it. i'm gonna do a diy boiler install

BUT dont worry as its not a gas boiler. Just a oil boiler. So feel free to give me advice guilt free.

It's not my fault I cant afford a rgi safe corgi (or whatever they're called) not to mention theres nothing illegal about installing a oil boiler DIY.

Hi,

Is there any chance to get a boiler install done on the cheap (<150) or free by a gas registered corgi?

The boiler is a baxi main eco elite 30kw and it has to be registered within 30 days otherwise warranty is void.

I was thinking there must be some newly trained corgi's who would do it for free to get good experience on their cv's

So you're either full of schit, stupid, or all of the above.

I know which I'll be choosing.

So you're either full of schit, stupid, or all of the above.

I know which I'll be choosing.
well done sherlock. This forum is a waste of time as it offers no DIY advvice to poor people whatsoever. The only advice you get is 'go and hire a plumber for £840"

So if you're going to DIY an oiler boiler, why were you after a CORGI installer on the cheap? CORGI was GAS.

I smell cow pats.

Hi Guys,

Which pipe is better to use for condensate drainage... solvent weld or push fit?

Thanks.

Use the solvent stuff mate...The nasty flue water might ruin the push fit seals.... And you'll all die if the nasty flue water touches you...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back