Sombre note...

Sponsored Links
i heard on the news that they may never actually find out what happened as that part of the sea is too deep and may never recover black boxes

Seems to me to be a reasonable idea, to relocate the 'black boxes' to a part of the aircraft that will actually float, or devise some method of ejecting the recorders on impact, with a flotation device fitted.

Wotan

I always feel sorry for anyone that may have taken length of time to die and this is no exception.
I have like many felt that "it could be me" feeling on planes when you hit bad turbulance and bounce all over the place!
Even if they were asleep, the huge shot of adrenaline when you know the plane is falling would make someone very alert.

Just note how many planes in the US alone fly http://flightaware.com/live/

Sponsored Links
Black box is fitted with a location beacon linked to satalites. As said the ocean in this part of the world is very deep, the sats cant pick up the signal, which by now has stopped.
The thought of a form of ejection system is a sound idea, aircraft carry more than one BB so one could be ejected pre disaster and one held during impact. Trouble is at which piont to eject, maybe at decompression :idea:

I have a somewhat morbid intrest into air disasters/incidents, as my wife flies several times aweek. Her training would greatly benefit in a ground incident or midflight decrompression for all passengers, (thier training goes wayway beyond serving nuts, LoL). Sadly all the training in the world wont stop a disaster midair, pilots are trained to a very high level and the second officer and enginner can cope with most senarios.
Since the Greek aircraft loss, where the flight deck lost consience, all cabincrew are now instructed how to land the aircraft via auto pilot which almost all main airports now have.

;)

surely with the satelite systems we have now, it's not unfeasible to have an off craft black box linked to one or more digital storage facilities.. streaming telemetry and voice to a satelite..

Aircraft Accident Investigation is avid viewing for me every day at 4 o clock on National Geographic channel. It is amazing how painstaking they are and their efforts are nearly always rewarded which makes flying more safer every year.

Very sad when 300 families are affected when one goes down.
:(

Back