Some Economy 7 questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
This is my first posting on this forum so my apologies in advance if the questions have already been answered elsewhere on the site.

I had my house wired throughout for Economy 7 a few years ago, but when the electricity supplier came to install the E7 meter, there were no 'tails' from the E7 CU, so the connection could not be made.
I've searched the net and it seems that Meter Tails 6181Y are correct for the job, but I don't know which colour they need to be, or typically how long; I would have thought a metre would be ample because the CU is near the existing meter.

I have worked in electronics previously so I know enough to connect this up provisionally, then get it inspected well before anything goes near the live mains feed!

Also, any recommendations regarding good quality storage heaters please? The Dimplex range seem reasonable, but this is just from a cursory look on the net at this stage. If anyone knows of a site which reviews heaters that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Graham.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back