Some kitchen help pls..

The manual doesn't call for fixing plates and none are included. In fact the manual shows it sitting on a support shelf just as shwon in the photos i attached.
Different manufacturers have different approaches to this, but my own experience is that a lot of the ovens I've seen come with angle brackets (and I must still have 10 or 12 sets of them in the garage) - maybe it is a local supplier thing, but the way I showed was used to work round the cost of a cabinet so perhaps I was fitting for a skinflint firm? Who knows. Where they don't have brackets I'd expect to install in a cabnet, but didn't you say the oven wouldn't fit? The ovens which go into base cabinets are designed to have a decor panel or drawer front fixed below the oven and these are made in standard sizes, although again I have dealt with a couple which needed a bespoke size panels. Please realise that without the manual and iappliance sitting in front of me, as I would have on a fit, I am working blind and dependent on what you tell me. Anyway, glad that it's looks like it will be resolved today

Sponsored Links
Mate! Of course, of course! I'm not trying to catch you out here in any way :) If you look at the photos the decor panel is already in.. i did say i didn't think it would fit based on minimum requested clearance but that also includes the 5mm req for convection gap at the top. So atm the unit just fits in on the right but it has to come down 5mm to give it that gap. Alls well that ends well and you've set me straight exactly where i needed it .e in my wrong assumption about which way panels would butt when it comes to appliances (still can't believe that!). I'm now much more confident that my fitter knew what he was doing although he does still need to reduce the gaps he's left.. 14mm on one and 7mm on the other that i don't need or want. Having read the manuals for fitting them all it's not so bad at all is it? The only bit i wouldnt want to do is hooking the gas up. Still waiting on them today but there's not an awful lot of work left to get all the units in. I'll throw some more photo's up when it's done. Again, thanks for all your help.. you've put my mind right at ease :)

They didnt want to pay for that.. i'm pretty happy with the step at the back although the masticking was pretty awful.

Sponsored Links
In an addendum to this saga.. i was going to fit the aplliances myself over the break.. and now find there isnt a plumb or level plane to be found. Worktop is off horizontal level, units and dividers are off plumb by circa. 10-15mm top to bottom. I suppose i coule lose the square in the bottoms moving stuff around but the right hand corner is a mare.. that little makeup pice of worktop drops down abt 18mm from left to right. The units round the corner are sitting up min.20mm on the right. wtf. just.do.your.job.pls. Do you own a level or a square?

It was when the council came round to sign the works off that the first fookup was realised and the fitters were dragged back to accomodate the integrated appliances. I just want it done to a reasonable standard.. escalating it now isn't really going to help much. This is supposed to be this outfits top chippy working on my flat.. I've got a few days on my hands and will probably just rip out from the makeup piece on and the corner and sort it myself. Seems to be the safest way!

i wouldnt do that,they have an obligation to ensure the works are carried out to a so called standard( :rolleyes: )and that means making sure your white goods fit? i expect as soon as you touch it blame is then at your feet.
escalate it maybe to the chairman of the council ?bombard him with emails and pics,im sure there soon get pi55ed off being bothered by this,and then put a rocket up the ar5es who need it.

It's Hackney council. To be fair the main contractor is on the same page, its just at the coal face the skills and communication seems to be lacking, or maybe just the interest. Having another look i think i can probably live with the finish if the return (and therefore the butting makeup) is levelled out more. The doors and appliances will be sitting back a fair bit under the worktop edge and with that levelling done and evening out when fitting the finish doors it'll prob not be too bad.. the sides should be even and a few mill out on the top edge won't be seen. Just want them done andd out the damn flat now tbh.

I know three council ''handymen'' and all think a hammer is a screwdriver, have no skills except being able to fill in the application form, but they get paid peanuts. ;)

Well.. i got this pretty much sorted in the end. On their last working day before the break the main contractor had booked an a gas fitter to put the hob in and their fitout subby sent over a handyman to cut the hob in who had nfi where to start and was honest about it so i said i'd do it. Over xmas i tidied up the cabinets as best as could and fitted the cooker, fridge, freezer and w/m. The worst bit of show that things were out somewhere is a 6mm or so lean on one side of the (plumb) w/m which irritates the hell outta me but bygones .. i'm amazed the rest of it came together looking fairly even. Will throw a pic up later.... thanks all the for help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back