Some plumbing advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of easy topics you might be able to help me with.
1) is it true when running pipework to your kitchen sink (rising mains), that you should use only compressed fittings and not yorkies? Someone told me that yorkies contain lead and that as the kitchen sink cold water tap is used as drinking water yorkies should not be used. Any truth in this?
2) I have a combination boiler. But i can't make my mind up about what kind of shower to install. Combination showers are good but are affected when someone puts on the hot water tap elsewhere.
How are the new high power electric showers? I have good pressure.
I would appreciate any advice on these two subjects,

regards

scott

Sponsored Links
1) No. Yorkshire fittings now contain lead free solder.

2) I have no problem with even the older electric showers, but then there are plenty of whingers who are not satisfied unless standing under a water canon.

Mixer shower would be my choice with a combi.

Is affected by other taps but just tell others not to turn taps on when you are showering. :D

Need to dance to get wet under an electric shower :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i stick by the mira max...10.8kw...great shower (for an electric) and if boilers breaks down at least u can greet the heating engineer smelling clean and fresh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back