Some questions about leaks, lead pipes and stuff.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

I live in a ground floor flat and last week water started coming through the roof of the ground floor flat. I checked all round my flat but there is no signs of any leaks, everything is dry, walls, carpets and units.

I've seen the mess in the ground floor flat and it look like the leak is coming from near the water mains which is a lead pipe. Now I've been poking around the internet because I know that lead pipes are no longer used, and I'm unclear on a few things.

I read on one website that lead pipe should not be repaired, but the pipe downstairs has been repaired in at least two places Could this be related to the leak? And if it is this pipe can it be fixed again or will the whole building have to get it's pipes changed.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've got a mole already. In an intimate place. I'm not sure it'll be much use though :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back