Some taps calls for hot others dont

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I recently had problem with my Baxi 105e which i had to change the pcb but now i have a problem that my wash hand basin and shower wont call for hot water both have been ok till this morning and my bath and kitchen sink are working fine. Any ideas
Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Hi I would say you need a new diaphram its available on ebay quite cheap and an easy diy fit just search on here for it theres loads of threads
hope this helps Paul.

Better to measure the flow rate in litres per minute at which the boiler just turns on.

Should be at about 2 li/min.

I expect you will find the flow rate at the problem tap is less than what your faulty boiler needs now.

Tony

Better to measure the flow rate in litres per minute at which the boiler just turns on.

Should be at about 2 li/min.

I expect you will find the flow rate at the problem tap is less than what your faulty boiler needs now.

Tony

Thanks I will check but what i havefound is that if i turn them both on the boiler fires up and then turn one off i still get hot water. So i guess the flow rate might be down but what would have caused it and how can i put it right?

Sponsored Links
it is not that your flow is down...it is that your diaphram is now worn and needs more flow to move it .

your not getting this much flow through some taps when they are turned on by themselves. open another tap and you are increasing flow past the diaphram , hence it starts working

you can do things to make it work now but it will only get worse untill it doesnt work at all

its a common part to be changed on theses boilers around every 5 years

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back