Someone is trying to start a war in the Ukraine, It's NOT Russia (edit: yes it is)

This may interest some
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohen-ukraine-commentary-idUSKBN1GV2TY

An aspect I came across using ;) google time travel back to 2014 Several similar groups mentioned that are thought to have consolidated. It seems they are still in action and part of Ukraine's forces.

The USA has had mixed feelings about them at various times and there were several different groups. Oligarch backed by the sound of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Their leader had an interesting nick name based on the older reports that included the word White.

OK Russia may be making a meal of this area but......................... The Reuter report is wondering.

This area may be why some have wondered about NATO and full EU membership also this comment from the countries wiki page
Ukraine is a developing country with a lower-middle income economy, ranking 74th in the Human Development Index. Ukraine is among the poorest countries in Europe. As of 2020 it suffers from low life expectancy and widespread corruption

In 2012 it was rated as one of the 3 most corrupt countries in the world. Boris's cash donation to them mentioned some to help fight corruption but the Oly's have £b's.

Years ago I wondered about where EU money went. In some cases it can be way more than they put in so joining it if that is needed is a no brainer.

Sponsored Links
Back in February, Hummy started this thread by (wrongly) asserting that Putin would not invade Ukraine.

I happened to see an article just now, from January, by someone much wiser than Hummy.

"Vladimir Putin is about to make a fatal mistake

An invasion of Ukraine could turn into a disaster equivalent to the Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan

CON COUGHLIN
DEFENCE EDITOR
27 January 2022 • 6:00am"

https://web.archive.org/web/2022031...stake/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

"Thanks to the arms supplies and training it has received from Western allies such as the US and Britain, the Ukrainian military is better equipped and organised than it was eight years ago. Any Russian military incursion into Ukrainian territory is likely to be met with fierce resistance."

"The other key factor Mr Putin needs to take on board as he ponders his next move is the economic devastation his country is likely to suffer as a consequence of invading Ukraine. The Russian economy is roughly equivalent in size to that of Spain. The Kremlin says it is not worried at the prospect of being hit by fresh sanctions, as it has already become used to operating against a backdrop of US-imposed measures. Invading Ukraine, though, would most likely result in the implementation of punitive action on a completely different scale."

An invasion of Ukraine could turn into a disaster equivalent to the Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan

You mean the west's one was a success? Try telling that to the people that live there.

Putin's situation is tricky. It's still hard to guess what their expected outcome was. The various spoutings by all don't help. ;) You'd have to ask Putin.

Chemicals is an interesting one. It's seen by military people in the west as a way out of their difficulties.

6 cruise missiles at an aircraft maintenance plant. 4 got through. This relates to what the west sees as strange. Not taking out similar immediately. They have been lately.

Blast damage seems to figure more than levelling. Does the police term kettling figure? In Iraq, water, comms and electricity were taken out - from what I can gather. A photo of part of Mosul for you. It seems some still needs rebuilding
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosul...ern_Iraq,_Western_Asia._16_November,_2016.jpg

One thing Putin will know is the likely effect of the sanctions on other countries and probably wished on the USA too.

Just heard Lavrov speaking perfect English. He reckons he has problems with French. He's a diplomat. Blinken is a 30 year in strategic areas man. ;) This sort of thing interests me.
After graduating in 1996, Truss worked for Shell as a commercial manager and Cable & Wireless as economics director, and became a qualified management accountant.
Seems both parents were lefties.

Sponsored Links
No he doesn't mean that, obviously

I know but think about the propaganda at the time and when the Russians were in. It often takes a while to find out what it means in practice. Both finished with the Taliban on top.

One certain thing now is Russia has attacked Ukraine and some of the "techniques" are not what some others ,may have done if hey were involved. However they aren't so who knows. While it's fine to post theories and hear them no one really knows what they are at. There are 2 simple views. Aim to conquer all of Ukraine or just apply ever increasing pressure. Either intended to get what they want. Or maybe they just intend to create turmoil. What would be a bit silly is to assume they are stupid even if they finish up total loosers. That is propaganda.

Back in February, Hummy started this thread by (wrongly) asserting that Putin would not invade Ukraine.

I happened to see an article just now, from January, by someone much wiser than Hummy.

"Vladimir Putin is about to make a fatal mistake

CON COUGHLIN
DEFENCE EDITOR
27 January 2022 • 6:00am"

https://web.archive.org/web/2022031...stake/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

"Thanks to the arms supplies and training it has received from Western allies such as the US and Britain, the Ukrainian military is better equipped and organised than it was eight years ago. Any Russian military incursion into Ukrainian territory is likely to be met with fierce resistance."

"The other key factor Mr Putin needs to take on board as he ponders his next move is the economic devastation his country is likely to suffer as a consequence of invading Ukraine. The Russian economy is roughly equivalent in size to that of Spain. The Kremlin says it is not worried at the prospect of being hit by fresh sanctions, as it has already become used to operating against a backdrop of US-imposed measures. Invading Ukraine, though, would most likely result in the implementation of punitive action on a completely different scale."
Yes, and it's much worse for Putin since "has received" has turned into "is receiving".
Surprisingly almost, those NLAW anti-tank missiles the UK sent early on were very appropriate. Shortish range but highly effective. Shoulder launched lightweight and simple to use but will go through "400 - 600" mm of armour. Impressive, very bad news for a tank commander at the head of a supply column when you don't have air cover or infantry to clear the area first.
We sent a few hundred to begin with, but later figures are into thousands.
"The United States and other NATO members have so far sent Ukraine 17,000 antitank missiles and 2,000 stinger anti-aircraft missiles, a senior US official told CNN."
The materiel receiving air bases just outside Ukraine, and the shipments across the border, must be in the Puta's sights, surely he'll have to go for them soon.

In Iraq the Russians had smaller numbers of less effective weapons and less good fighters, and no supply lines from two continents - US and Europe. Very different.

That ground is turning to mud, which has stopped armies before. The soviet-built roads go through cities, which the Ukranians, with their support, are good at holding. The ground offensive which Putin imagined would make the Ukranians roll over, will bog down.
So far the Russians haven't made much use of their air force, probably for fear of losses. When it's their only option they will resort to it, to bomb the hell out of Ukraine. The Russians will have to stick with it and win, which they can, despite egregious losses to his forces, and Ukranian casualties.

We have to hope that his army or his Strongmen in the Kremlin, are not prepared to do it. The longer the struggle goes on, the worse it is for both sides but the pressure builds on Putin. Putin is right that Ukranians and Russians have a common heritage. It may be once again their combined will which defeats the oppressor, which this time, is him.

Last edited:
Russia is at it at the UN again. Bioweapons. Making a meal of this. Seems there are a number of labs
https://www.bv.com/projects/state-art-diagnostics-laboratory-helps-make-world-safer

The BSL-3 laboratory in Odessa was designed and constructed by Black & Veatch. It is the first BSL-3 laboratory in the region and the first to be commissioned, accredited and operational under the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s (DTRA) Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP).

The Russian mentioned two nasties that exist in both Russia and Ukraine but no idea how nasty. Labs would probably work on them as they have on corona virus - studying them. Little different to making them more lethal.

There does seem to be another factor if true. An attempt to create a global inspection set up to make sure that none of the various labs are working on bioweapons. Vetoed by the USA.

Putin was asked the other day if it was going to the Ukraine/Dobass/Crimea etc or the hospitals to see the troops. As expected Putin chickens ****ted and say NO.
Thanks

Putin's expected outcome was quick roll-over, put my man in charge, hold victory parade, cast smug grin on TV. Don't you think?
I certainly don't think he was expecting the level of resistance that has been put up by the Ukrainian forces and people.

He is surely finished on the international stage. If he's looking on this as further building of his legacy, goodness only knows how far he'll be prepared to go.

In the long run, February 2022 will surely go down in history as the definable beginning of the end for this tyrant.

RT has lost it's license. Ofcom's reason given. Russia's press control means they can't report accurately and 29 items recently under investigation which was reported as being unusual.

It's been absent for me for some time but I have watched it now and again in the past. Some current affairs type broadcasts were clearly slanted. :ROFLMAO:Putin being into Bitcoin was an interesting one. News - don't know really. Mostly just more coverage of some things. Eg Paris Riots.

I certainly don't think he was expecting the level of resistance that has been put up by the Ukrainian forces and people.

Afraid that is the part I wonder about. Street fighting is always messy and he will have had knowledge of what has been going on there.

Some of the events are down to USSR building techniques for housing. Large square in the middle of apartments. School and children play area included. Some reports are now mentioning when they were built and what is there.

Things are kicking off in the Arctic now. :( Gas and oil so war games. More in Norway.

AlJ had an asian analyst on that went through China's problems. They seem to offer better coverage in some ways. No support for what is going on and updated more quickly.

Some think this could all go on for some time. Things don't look good in several areas.

I watched it to see what was being fed to the locals. Those with above-average intelligence ie people like me will listen/read the oppositions to learn about what makes the clowns tick. As expected, the easily led and I met many irl and forums bang on about "I don't read/listen/watch..." What a blinkered view is that.
Thanks

You mean the west's one was a success?

No, I'm sure the author of the article meant what he said.

"the Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan" was a disaster.

Do you disagree?

He said "An invasion of Ukraine could turn into a disaster equivalent to the Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan"

Do you disagree?

Sponsored Links
Back