Someone is trying to start a war in the Ukraine, It's NOT Russia (edit: yes it is)

Rouble 30% down before I'd had my morning tea

"Russian Rouble/Euro FX Cross Rate
RUBEUR
Actions

• PRICE (EUR)0.0075
  • TODAY'S CHANGE-0.003 / -29.53%
  • 1 YEAR CHANGE-33.11%
  • 52 WEEK RANGE0.0075 - 0.0124
Data delayed at least 15 minutes, as of Feb 28 2022 08:09 GMT."

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Rest assured our ministers were resting yesterday on Sunday a day of rest

From what I understand, no one from the gov had made attempts to contact their counterparts
to ask them to clarify the nuke threats the unhinged Putin made. Contact of this type often
leads to insights of what may happen and you can sow the seed of doubt you speak with.

FYI, Israel did that and spoke with Putin yesterday for 30 mins

Disgusting!!

What is a "Japan style nuke invasion"?

It's nearer old style warfare. Reduce the enemy's ability to produce weapons.
The consent of the United Kingdom was obtained for the bombing, as was required by the Quebec Agreement, and orders were issued on 25 July by General Thomas Handy, the acting Chief of Staff of the United States Army, for atomic bombs to be used against Hiroshima, Kokura, Niigata, and Nagasaki. These targets were chosen because they were large urban areas that also held militarily significant facilities. On 6 August, a Little Boy was dropped on Hiroshima, to which Prime Minister Suzuki reiterated the Japanese government's commitment to ignore the Allies' demands and fight on. Three days later, a Fat Man was dropped on Nagasaki.

The Target Committee nominated five targets: Kokura (now Kitakyushu), the site of one of Japan's largest munitions plants; Hiroshima, an embarkation port and industrial center that was the site of a major military headquarters; Yokohama, an urban center for aircraft manufacture, machine tools, docks, electrical equipment and oil refineries; Niigata, a port with industrial facilities including steel and aluminum plants and an oil refinery; and Kyoto, a major industrial center. The target selection was subject to the following criteria:

• The target was larger than 3 mi (4.8 km) in diameter and was an important target in a large city.
  • The blast wave would create effective damage.
  • The target was unlikely to be attacked by August 1945.[76]
These cities were largely untouched during the nightly bombing raids, and the Army Air Forces agreed to leave them off the target list so accurate assessment of the damage caused by the atomic bombs could be made.

The bangs were not that "big" by modern days standards.

Retaliation. MAD etc - no one knows until it happens. MAD should give people a clue though. There no intention to invade as both sides are disabled.

Indeed alot of knowledgable people on there perplexed about Russias approach
They certainly don't seem to have learned anything from recent history. The only way to quickly overcome 40 million people with a well armed military is to send in a few hundred old blokes on 50cc mopeds and 35 year old Kalashnikovs.

Kennedy went to yellow alert. Next one is press buttons. That event caused the hot line to be installed between USA and Russia. You might say Kennedy's need to do it was his own fault.
Alerting the the facilities doesn't mean that they will be used. Sick but in some respects it's a negotiating tool. Russia's reason for using them is said to be if the very existence of their country is threatened.

MAD means that missiles keep flying what ever happens. Whole idea. Some one says go and it happens and can't really be stopped and will have been set up like that. Hence calling it a deterrent.

Alerts raised, the more chance of mistakes and misunderstanding. If you want to understand the misunderstanding that almost led to USSR launching nukes, cuban crisis and other times Russian leadershas made threats to the west, several times over the years read the link I posted this moring about hour ago

Meeting today at the border.

A source has reported to me as follows.

3+ miles of Russian armour stopped about 12 miles from the main city of Ukraine

Russia to offer truce and guarantees from Ukraine they do not join NATO for X years and recognise the breakaway states and
stop attacking them as they see it. This in turn will be manufactured into a victory for Putin as
his "Special Operations" achieved what they set out to achieve.

I hope it stops today as it's already out of hand and very worrying indeed!!

Children as young as 8 are asking will there be a war and older kids asking re nuclear strikes - Putin's behaviour is unforgivable and if/when this is over someone must take him out of office

Sponsored Links
Back