Somfy Motorised Awning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a Somfy Motorised Awning which came with the house we bought 6 years ago. It is now stuck in the extended position and I cannot retract it at all. I've googled the factory reset which has not worked. The motor does still work to a certain degree, as in it will keep on extending so the canvas goes loose, but it then reverses back, taking up the slack in the canvas but then stops when it should keep on retracting to a close. Whenever I press the wireless remote to ask it to retract the motor just buzzes for half a second or so. I've also tried to help it retract the blind by pushing on it to close but no success.

Anyone had any experience in this? Sorry for the long post.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it thinks it's jammed. If you're confident with heights, get on a platform and work out of it's snagging on something in the mechanism. Maybe you can "help" it close.

There should be two 'stop' adjustment screws on the motor body. Try adjusting these while you get someone to hold in the retract button.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back