Sony 55XH9505- Optical Audio Output Suddenly Failed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a Sony-KD55XH9505 in November 2020.

From day one it has been connected to a Yamaha YAS 101 sound bar and has performed perfectly. Last week the audio output suddenly failed, something I attributed to an Optical Cable malfunction as my DVD player still functioned via an Audio Digital cable. (The TV Audio works fine)

Having purchased a new Optical cable I now find the problem still persists. Following this I have now tested the sound bar on two other TV’s and it performs as expected.

Is anyone aware of any known issues with the optical audio output on this particular TV?

Regards, Benny.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A few suggestion offered, but the one that resolved the issue was a 'Reset of the TV's power output'.

Yes. But Richer Sounds are very slow responding.
Surprised they were slow to respond, I thought the Richer sounds warranty was supposed to be up there with JL? Did you message them or ring them?

I'm going through a repair with a 4 years and 10month old TV from JL atm, though pain free atm the engineer has confirmed irreparable so apparently will be offered a replacement /refund, I wonder if they'll offer the cost I paid or less, considering it's 5 ears old?

Prior resolving this myself I had mailed them twice without success, the only response was;

‘We're currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails, and are working our way through each enquiry as quickly as possible.’

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back