Sony Webcam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Normally I don’t have too much of a problem with my PC’s but my wife bought me a Sony Handycam which is causing some problems. It was second hand but had all the software with it. However it should with single click transfer all the info on the tape to a CD. But I have failed to get this function to work. I thought it may be because I had a DVD read/write drive not CD so I fitted an old Creative CD read/write drive hoping this would solve the problem but no luck.

The other parts of the Sony software will transfer the info onto the hard drive as a AVI file but only 10 minutes at a time and each file is 2 gig. So for a 60 minuet tape I need 6 gig. If I transfer to a TV type DVD writer I can get between 1 and 8 hours on a 4.7 gig DVD. Using EP (Extended Play) I get 4 hours and on my 32 inch HD TV I can see no difference between recorded and live reproduction so to me it is taking up far too much hard drive space to transfer the tapes.

The Picture package menu has loads of different functions but very few seem to work. Odd but when I connect my Sony/Ericsson phone it works great transferring all the pictures I have taken onto the hard drive without any problem.

It is only with the Sony HC22E web cam it’s designed to work with I have a problem.

The whole idea was to be able to transfer directly to computer but at the moment only way is to use DVD/Hard drive recorder which was designed to record TV programs.

Also on old DVB-T Plus which came with TV card the composite sync worked well but the TV side was useless. Having upgraded to HyperMediaCenter 3.6 from same firm who made card the TV works great but composite sync is useless comes up like a very poor old green monitor.

Any ideas to extract the video into a workable MPG file?

Sponsored Links
Do you have the manual? http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2586501131.pdf
It reads as if Sony want to stop you doing anything with it on a PC! :rolleyes:

If you can, connect it via firewire; I'm told the results are better, and DO NOT use their software.
Windows Movie Maker looks like it will allow you to run the camera directly into it...?
And I know there are drivers out there - maybe try getting a new one?

Let me know. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back