Sorry....Ravenheat pressure loss problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. This is my first post here though I've had a good look round.
I have a Ravenheat Silver Star combi boiler that has developed a problem for the last month or so.
It started when I noticed the pressure gauge was dropping so I have to constantly top the system up. This being a pain as it meant everytime we have a shower we'd have to re pressure the boiler as well as the heating not coming on via the timer as the pressure is too low.
Obviously I suspected a leak. I've checked everywhere through the house and no signs of a leak.
Anyway, about three weeks ago I noticed water leaking onto my garage roof when the heating was on and noticed the water was coming from the pressure relief valve pipe.
I've had the cover off today to see if the valve just needed tightening but I can still hear water leaking out but very quietly.
Now I'm stumped really!
The boiler is roughly around three years old now, and am now well aware how awful these boilers are after owning it now.
Still I do not wish this problem to lead to further problems.
Any ideas or suggestions appreciated...Many thanks Paul :)

Sponsored Links
PRVs usually leak as a result of dirt in the system.

Sometimes they can be cleaned but usually they have to be replaced.

Check the FAQ section on this site to see if the expansion vessel might be faulty but dont mess with it unless it shows the symptoms.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back