Sorted..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ferment my home made wines, using a 'floating gadget', in the fermentation vessel, which reports via wifi, through a repeater/display temperature, gravity, tilt of the gadget. The repeater then logs the data, processes it, into a web page, which I can log into with any device on my network. This enables me to see the progress and know when fermentation is at an end - much easier than counting the bubbling rate.

My main router failed several weeks ago, which involved reconfiguring everything, then I had several weird problems with my laptop's Win10. I was so distracted by these problems, that I had a senior moment completely forgot I had added the repeater system and began configuring the 'floating gadget' (iSpindle) to connect direct to my lan, without the repeater and got into a right mess with the configuration.

Then it dawned on me about the repeater, so I tried, tried and tried to get it all working again, I must have spent days on it, without success. I have again been at it today, trying various settings, reading and re-reading the information for setting it up, rewriting the firmware in the repeater and getting absolutely nowhere, but assuming the iSpindle firmware must be OK - just fiddling with the settings.

An hour ago, I decided to update the firmware on the iSpindle. The update process keeps the settings, but it still made no difference - no reports coming through. I then decided to do a 'factory reset', letting it delete all the settings. After reconfiguring everything, just as the setting had been before - it at last began reporting and I was able to drop it in the vessel of wine which I had started two days before.

Sponsored Links
Back