Sorting out a plumber's mess, redoing the plumbing for a basin. Help appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This fine work by a plumber has been done like so because of the steel beam that is supporting the wall, so the plumbing has been set proud of the steel. I would like to remove all, cut a channel in the wall, bury the plumbing, and have an s bend at the bottom to bypass the steel beam. Can you please let me know if this is a good way of making good this dog's breakfast of a job? TIA

20231231_164721.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can you please let me know if this is a good way of making good this dog's breakfast of a job? TIA
It's all you can do if you want it hidden. Pipes shouldn't be embedded in walls though.

Might be easier to build a vanity unit under the basin. Hide the pipes, give you extra storage, save a lot of work.

Reactions: CBW
Might be easier to build a vanity unit under the basin. Hide the pipes, give you extra storage, save a lot of work.
Yes, That is a good idea. This was my plan all along. Having searched far and wide, the vanity units I could find for sale looked cheap but were darn expensive. having one built for me was over £1k and that was 3 years ago. I am afraid my cabinet-building skills aren't up to the task so building one myself is going to be somewhat complicated.

Sponsored Links
It's all you can do if you want it hidden. Pipes shouldn't be embedded in walls though.
Would it make any difference if the pipes were run in a trunking and tiled over? or is the problem to do with access if there is a leak?

or is the problem to do with access if there is a leak?
Bingo! However, new builds have concealed pipes as do built in shower mixers. I can’t see a steel beam. You could box the pipes in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back