Sound proofing partying wall??

The reason you'll never get rid of it is the sound travels down the joists and walls and nothing you can do will stop it. Not only that - you are listening for it.

I once lived in a house that had 4 inches of separation between me and the neighbour. Outside you could hear nothing - but inside you could hear their TV etc. Similar structures, though not adjoined, still share sympathetic resonance.

Sponsored Links
You will never get rid of all of it, absolutely true. However for example if 80% of the sound is coming through the single wall, there is great benefit to treating just that one wall. If you can eliminate 90% of the sound coming through that wall, you'll be left with ~30% of the sound you started with. Most people would be thrilled with this.

These are not unreasonable figures if we're not dealing with excessive low frequency bass.

The movement of a sound vibration from an indirect means is known as Flanking: http://www.soundproofingcompany.com/library/articles/flanking/

If i can stop his voice and loud talking to his mates i will be happy with that.i'm alright with hearing footsteps, doors shut etc and i dont hear tv, music or bass noise. its just his deep loud voice.
The main reason i think i hear his voice is his room has wooden floor on floor boards, where ours has carpet on floor boards.Even when we are in our bedroom(which is above the frontroom ) and he's entertaining in his front room we can hear his voice.
There's no option in moving so i'm sound proofing the best i can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back