Soundcard

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
Igorian.....cheers mate for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I am going to a funeral tomorrow as soon as I get back I will have another look.

I did get on the advance site but couldn't find the driver for ac97, when I put it in google loads of dealers came up selling this make though. I don't think it's that much of a mongrel it's probably me coz I don't know what I am looking for!

I have also found the handbook that came with it but it is very technical.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Igorian.....cheers mate for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I am going to a funeral tomorrow as soon as I get back I will have another look.

I did get on the advance site but couldn't find the driver for ac97, when I put it in google loads of dealers came up selling this make though. I don't think it's that much of a mongrel it's probably me coz I don't know what I am looking for!

I have also found the handbook that came with it but it is very technical.

The AC97 chip is common, but sometimes the drivers are 'tailored' to suit the motherboard, so it's usually best to try the manufacturer sites first. Gigabyte boards are reasonably stable as it goes.

Igorian....

I have had another look inside the casing, the only thing I can find is....

FCC Gigabite GA7DXE about 2" away on the same line is a sticker with a bar code and this number 2B4039 07603. I cannot see any stamped numbers or a manufacturers plate.

The hand book that came with it says....K7 Triton Series GA-7DXE AMD761+686Bchipset.

Does this make any sense ? I am still having no luck with a driver.

I went into System properties? today, there are 2 yellow explanation marks next to the drivers. I clicked the marks and it said they were not installed. Don't know where they are someone must of nicked em....ha

Sponsored Links
Have you missed my post on the previous page? It has links to the Gigabyte site for the correct drivers and manual.

Igorian.......yes I did miss the post I will give it go later.

Thanks very much for all your help. I owe you one.

Cheers dave.

Igorian........WE HAVE SOUND!!!!!!! cheers mate.

What ever caused the problem as also effected something called...

PCI Management BUS

Do you know what this does?, will I need to get a driver for that too, or will it make no difference.

Once again thanks very much for all your help.

Cheers dave

Igorian.... I don't know what you mean mate.

I downloaded and installed the sound card driver from the link you kindly gave me. THere was no mention of a chipset driver.

Any ideas

Cheers Dave

:eek:

Go back to the page again.

There are two drivers, the first is the audio one you downloaded (5.59MB) and below it is the chipset driver (2.05MB).

Too many late nights on this forum :D

Yes we have installed both drivers, it's just that when we go into device manager it says there are no drivers installed for this device.

We have tried several times to no avail.

The PCI system management BUS is the only thing with a yellow exclamation mark on it, everything seems to be working OK.

What is it's purpose? obviusly it's there for a reason but will it make any difference if we just ignoe it.

Sorry if i'm doing your head in mate.

Cheers Dave

Nah, not doing my head in. It's always difficult to resolve this type of problem remotely. If all is ok, then don't worry too much about it. You might find that if you turn off power management in the BIOS the problem will hide itself.

I think you would find XP ok if you had all the correct drivers. Upgrading from 98 is not always 'successful' and a full version is a better option starting from a formatted drive.

Thanks very much mate.

WE have a copy of XP we changed to 98 because we were having trouble with it.

I shall take your advice and try it, when my heads settled down!!!!!

cheers and thanks

David

Sponsored Links
Back