Soundproofing, any experience?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our house is a brick built 50s semi.
Neighbours TV is a "constant" distracting loud muffle when it's on, we've spoken to him before but it would end up being a daily occurance. It's loud but not clear. We know hisTV is hung on the party wall so it's projecting directly back into us to the point where can hear it in upstairs rooms too.
We can hear his doorbell too and front door closing.

The rooms are narrow so don't want to built a stud wall so I've been looking at acousticboard4, muteboard4 etc.
I've recently seen tecsound100 self adhesive roll that promises density of lead at 5mm thick. I was thinking of giving this a go and if it works great, cover with standard 15mm acoustic board. If it doesn't try plan2 of adding the 30mm multi layered panels.

I know about sound theory, vibrations transferance, sound leak etc and prepared with this knowledge that the upstairs rooms might need the first 1m or so floor void stuffed to help.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back