soundproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
Don't know if you could advise . I have two door french windows opening out to the garden from the living room the glass is double glazed , I would like to reduce the noise level from outside .
Would treble glazing work or would I have to renew the whole frame , any advice on sound proofing would be appreciated . Thanks Roy

Sponsored Links
It depends on your budget and how much noise you are hoping to reduce by really.

Triple glazing wouldn't make much difference.
Ideally you want different thicknesses of materials (glass) with differing air gap sizes.

I looked into acoustic double glazed units once but they were very expensive and only reduced noise by about 20 decibels.

Your most cost effective options for a noticeable difference would be either secondary glazing to the inside with a 100mm air gap from the doors or shutters on the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back