Sourcing Bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to replace a few damaged bricks but where do I get just 10 bricks from?

Current ones are 73mm and have weathered from black to a dark brown. Not having done this before, I hopped onto a well known building supplies site and spotted some that will probably do the job. However, they aren't stocked, looks like you have to order a pallet of them for delivery?!

What trick am I missing? Are builders merchants the wrong thing to google? Who stocks a good range of bricks to blend into existing brickwork and sells in small quantities?

Sponsored Links
There are builder's merchants, and there are builder's merchants. There are two a few miles from me that have massive brick yards. Darleston Builders Merchants and EH Smith.

Sponsored Links
Not on mobile it don't.

But you're question was generic and you got answers to disprove your notion that builders merchants are "the wrong thing to google".

You're welcome.

Builders' merchants are the right place, but you do need to find a bigger one that has some stocks. They won't stock every single type they can get, but you should be able to find someone who keeps stocks of split pallets for the smaller jobs.

Your bricks are "imperial" - you will find a lot are now metric 65mm. If you only want a few you might also have a reclamation yard near you, but they are usually not cheap places! (but OK if you only want a few). We have a huge yard near us https://mereclamationandsalvage.com/product-category/relcaimed-building-materials/ but they really know how to charge!

Advantage of a local reclamation is they are likely to have local bricks.

Not on mobile it don't.

But you're question was generic and you got answers to disprove your notion that builders merchants are "the wrong thing to google".

You're welcome.
On my mobile, if I touch the name, comes up with the profile

Huws Gray do individual bricks near me. Can't speak for Jocklandistan.

Last edited:
Don't colour match the old existing ones.

Our neighbour replaced their roof. Others were originally red but had weathered to brown. They fitted brown, looked fine at first but then weathered to looking black in comparison to the rest.

If they're frogged then they may have a maker's name stamped into them, should point you in the right direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back