Warnham Red Stock Bricks V Red Common

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a problem. I ordered 'Commons' bricks from a builders merchants. I received RED bricks. I have been told they are actually Warnham Red Stock Bricks. Builders merchants insist they are RED Common. Are there bricks labelled as RED COMMON ?.

Also, I was told by the bricklayer they supplied us with the wrong grade of sand. May become a legal matter, so I would like to see if I could find experts to give verdicts on these.

Can anyone advise on these, please?.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
"Common" means ordinary. They do not have defined colour matching or appearance. They vary by district and brickworks, and by the clay that happened to be available the day they were made. A common brick today will not be the same as a common brick a hundred years ago. Did you actually look at a sample of the brick you were going to buy? What made you choose and order by that name? Did you have a particular colour and quality in mind?

I used to live in a district where Yellow bricks had been the common, "stock" brick

Common bricks are colloquially the London (LBC) common bricks which are shades of pink

27739.jpg

As for sand, presumably you ordered building sand, but unless you specified the exact type and standard, then you could receive something from a broad range, colour and performance, but will still be within the scope of "building sand"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back