Sourcing your own carpets?

I just had a local fitter fit a carpet for £70. I told him that I was going to order a remnant from Burts for £80 and he said he'd match the price for a bit of cheap and cheerful felt backed carpet. So, fitting, with grippers, Cloud 9 underlay and new carpet, £150 all in.

Call up some fitters, they might be happy to fit only. If anything, it's ordering and receiving a carpet is one less thing for them to worry about.

Sponsored Links
Sainsbury's do 0% purchases over 31 months on one of their cards.

I've got one on the way to finish the house.

Why not just go a local shop and talk to them about the prices. I only supply and fit. To many times have a got to a job and carpet is short or damaged. Laminate not enough boxes or wrong underlay.
Ok it will cost more but takes the risk out of it.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'm going to use the local guy. He can supply the carpet for £1 more/mtr than I can find it but what he says makes perfect sense:

Hi Ian
We can get that carpet , Best price we can do is £18.50 Sq Mt
Advantage of buying from a shop is any issues with it we can deal with the manufacturer for you etc
If you send a link for the Striped one I will look into that
Also sizes required for that and if you can get me a total price of all carpets , underlay grippers etc i can see if we can get close.
Kind regards
Mark

All the sums are done.

Carpetright £2872.55
Local Guy £2126.00

Saving £746.55 :D

Carpets done :)

IMG_7388.JPG

Carpetright did ours 12 years ago and did an excellent job to be fair, all upstairs are still theirs.

We basically moved into a shell of a house so got it all done at once.

I pulled the livingroom carpet up last year to put laminate down and the underlay was still perfectly useable.

Fair play for saving £700 though!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back